Monday 18 June 2007

A list to lift my mood

As it is Monday, I've spent all day thinking my blog tonight would be a list called Things That Really Pissed Me Off At Work Today but as I walked out of the office two things lifted my mood. The first thing was plugging in my iPod and listening to a playlist of all the new songs I have bought from iTunes recently.

A mood lifting playlist
  • What goes around.../...comes around by Justin Timberlake - this has the bonus of sounding as if Justin is whispering sweet nothings in your ear, and the sentiment is rather zen and laid-back so perfect for diffusing work rage.
  • Soul Bossa Nova by Quincy Jones - this is upbeat, uplifting and ever so slightly mad. It makes you want to dance along the street.
  • Epoca by The Gotan Project - another song that makes you want to dance. Its a moody tango - satisfyingly aggressive.
  • That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be by Carly Simon - this is a real piece of 70s vocal and guitar. Carly Simon has a beautiful, slightly melancholy voice.
  • Older by George Michael - another melancholy song, but it didn't send me into a Monday depression as it is so well produced and a bit dreamy. Good for when there are seven minutes to wait until the next train and the platform is already full.
  • If There's Any Justice by Lemar - just gorgeous. The song and Lemar.
  • Its a Man's, Man's, Man's World by James Brown - after a day of being the only skirt in a roomful of suits this one really cheered me up. Great saxophone sounds too.
  • Together by William Shatner and Lemonjelly - yes really. But it is fantastic. Weird but fantastic.
  • Stan by Eminem - well, my day wasn't as bad as his.

The other thing that cheered me up was the sun finally breaking through the clouds and shining on my utterly lovely new pair of red shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.