Tuesday 5 June 2007

Nice lists, nasty lists

My day at work was full of horrible lists. My 'To Do' list for this week grew longer rather than shorter, I spent over an hour in a meeting explaining my list of reasons for not allowing a new piece of IT development to go live (and it was a long list of reasons!) and my manager came up with a list of very dull objectives for me for the coming six months. Ugh.

Sometimes work does come up with lists that I like. I like looking at lists of currency codes and FX rates - very neat and calming. A reconciliation of transactions that comes back to 0.00 is a rare thing of beauty too.

But the best lists I came across today were after I had left work.

On my tube journey home I listened to a playlist on my iPod. Michael Buble, Nat King Cole, Robbie Williams, Lily Allen, Simon & Garfunkel and Ulrich Schnauss all lifted my mood very well.


Then I've spent a happy evening looking at all the books in my 'To Read' pile (a pile is just a 3D list I reckon!) and picking out which of the books that I've read recently I will send to my friend.

I'm currently reading Wicked! by Jilly Cooper, The Birth House by Ami McKay and the Collins Guide to Digital Photography . The other books in this photo are some that I read while I was away last week.

Give me a book list over a 'To Do' list any day.

1 comment:

  1. i love reading about your lists, Nancy! i love this: "a pile is just a 3D list I reckon!" the book list sounds much more pleasant than the work list, i agree! :)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.