Thursday 22 May 2008

The France list

This time last year, I was packing to go away. I showed you my packing list on my first ever blog post.

One year on, I am packing again, but the list is much shorter - none of those camping essentials like blankets, coffee pots, thermals, size D batteries and sleeping bags are needed where we are going. Besides, we are travelling by train, so whatever we need we will have to carry ourselves. There's an incentive to pack light.

.

We are heading to the Aveyron Gorges in the far south of France, for a week of hiking, biking and eating croissants for breakfast. I think it will be an adventure.


One thing that hasn't changed in a year though, is the ability of lists to calm and reassure me. Just seeing the word 'passports' written down, means that I am not going to forget them. Even if I do have to double and triple check that I have them in my bag, more times than is strictly necessary before we leave....

See you in June!

7 comments:

  1. hope you have a wonderful time! we havent been camping for ages but I shall cross check my camping checklist next time we go, (we hoped to go this weekend but were too late to book where we wanted to go.) and we take meths too, although I have a special fuel holder for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh! I want to see a photo of you all riding across the world's highest bridge!

    That looks lovely. I hope you enjoy it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you have a wonderful time. We have just got back from France and said croissant's were delicious.
    See you in June
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. bon voyage - have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time. As a fellow list maker, do you cross off or tick?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post reminded me of getting ready to go away to camp as a child. I LOVED it when the "what to bring" list would arrive in the mail - it just made going to camp that much more fun.

    *melanie from www.meli-mello.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your return and your pictures. Hope you had a GREAT GREAT TIME.

    Hugs

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.