Tuesday 24 March 2009

Fairy houses


To make a fairy house you will need:

  • A walk outside – forest, beach, park and garden are all good. The urban landscape is more of a challenge but not impossible.
  • A small child or two
  • A little bit of time and imagination



All good fairy houses have:

  • A roof
  • A path
  • Beds or chairs
  • A bath
  • Interior décor


Many fairy houses are much fancier and have things like:

  • Dancing circles
  • Carpets
  • Flagpoles
  • Cups and plates
  • Balconies
  • Chill out rooms
  • Boats




And if you want to turn really pro, take some inspiration from this book. Classics such as The Borrowers and Little Grey Men also make me think of fairy houses.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm. The last time I made a fairy house I made sure they had their very own wine store as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely post and book recommendation. My six year old is besotted with fairies and has set up an indoor fairy sanctuary in her room ever since I bought her the orginal flower fairy books a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. think I would like to make a fairy house today, would it stay tidier than my real house??

    ReplyDelete
  4. a delightful world, fairy houses - so full of possibilities!

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh ! I wanna make a fairy house!

    who cares if the kids don't

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember leaving things out for The Borrowers, I was always disappointed when they didn't take anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My smallest daughter used to make these, in a little corner of the school yard where some trees poked through the chain link fence. They were always extremely elaborate, with many floors and rooms. I think she lived for recess.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.