Wednesday 20 April 2011

French spring walk #5

We started in the local town of St Antonin Noble-Val and strolled up into the foothills behind the town.  We saw two pigeonniers - the pigeon towers that are scattered throughout this region of France.  One was circular and one was square..
Pigeonnier

Pigeonnier

We saw glimpses through the trees of a magical, turreted, country house.  It reminded me of the house in the classic French novel Le Grand Meaulnes, which I read for my French A-Level.
.
French hideaway

We saw a few more orchids in the woods, and a long row of lombardy poplar trees, marking out the route of the river.
.
Poplars along the river

We finished up sitting outside our favourite cafe in St Antonin, having lunch and watching the world go by.  I was startled by how French my English boyfriend looked, sitting in the sun and shrugging like a pro.

Graham looking French
Another espresso at Gazpacho's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.