Monday 6 June 2011

Camping in numbers

Our camping weekend in numbers.
  • Adults: 17
  • Children: 20
  • Tents: 11
  • Fires: 1 big one
  • Campfire
  • Cakes eaten: 4
  • Water pistols wielded by the children: approx 6
  • Dens built: 2 (1 by the boys, 1 by the girls)
  • Bottles of sparkling wine consumed: 12
  • It was a great night
  • Bottles of suncream smeared all over a tent floor by one of the toddlers: 1
  • Eggs used to make pancakes: approx 12
  • Pancakes and bacon for breakfast
  • Trangias: 2
  • Garlands of bunting: 5
  • Boxes of glowsticks: 2
  • Glowsticks
  • Bags of marshmallows: at least 12, and we ran out quite quickly
  • Girls who had melted marshmallow in their hair: 2
  • Games of Magic played: 6
  • Number of head torches: at least 5
  • New books admired: 1

The Art of Camping by Matthew De Abaitua

There was also much laughter, chatter, catching up, yawning and sitting in the sunshine.  A properly glorious weekend to mark the start of summer.

Happy times

Chatting in the sunshine

9 comments:

  1. How perfect and I am v jealous of the big skillet, must now search t'internet in search of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me want to rush out & buy a tent with these posts & pictures. Sounds glorious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks completely idyllic!

    Your pictures could almost - almost - make me want to go camping. But then I remember all the reasons I'm rubbish in tents, and I stick to houses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I want one of those pancake pans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks wonderful! Not many of our friends are terribly intrepid, so we'd struggle to get such a big group together for camping. Although I reckon with a skillet like that I could bribe them with breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't "do" camping either but you have almost converted me... looks like you had loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm green with envy! It all looks brilliant and I'm loving that skillet too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great weekend was had by all - can recommend a couple of nice sites near Henley/Beaconsfield.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.