Tuesday 18 September 2012

The new breakfast routine

Of all the new routines that are emerging, one of my favourites is my picnic breakfast, sitting on a bench in the square in front of the main University buildings.

Picnic breakfast

I have a flask of hot coffee, and a foil parcel of wholemeal toast and peanut butter.  There's no time to eat at home - and it's too early anyway - so I bring it with me.

Early morning at the University

I watch the squirrels and the pigeons pottering around the square, and see the other nursing and midwifery students starting to arrive for early lectures.  I admire the beautiful old windows in the terraced houses around the square and turn my face to the sky to soak up a little of the early morning sunshine.

7 comments:

  1. Long may the sunny (if chilly) mornings continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect way to gather your thoughts for the day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture you sitting there! Won't be long til you'll be adding your wrist warmers and hats to the routine, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it sounds so peaceful. The perfect start to a busy day. K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much more civilised than cramming toast into your face as you rush out of the door - which is all too often what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good start to the day, Nancy! Hope it's all going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it a beautiful place? Perfect start to your working day, think you'll have to start taking porridge in a food flask in winter, bliss!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.